Happy Hour at Humble Market Kitchin by Roy Yamaguchi – Wailea, Maui, HI
Updated 12/7/2021 by the Maui Happy Hours team
Happy Hour at Humble Market Kitchin 5:00pm-6:30pm Daily in the Bar and Lounge Area
Happy Hour Appetizers at HMK $10
- Brussels & Cauliflower with pepitas, queso fresco, cilantro lime aioli
- Crispy Calamari with pickled shishito pepper, blistered tomato, Yuzu Kosho tarter
- Humble Bounty Kula Mixed Greens with kettle mac nuts, shaved Maui carrots, cherry tomatoes, local radish, Japanese cucumber, lilikoi vanilla vinaigrette
- Szechuan Spiced Baby Back Ribs with Mongolian sauce, white sesame seeds
- “Chili Peppah” Chicken Wings with crispy garlic, Tsukemono, cucumber remoulade
Happy Hour Drinks at Humble Market Kitchin
- Draft Beers $6 (Maui Brew Co Bikini Blonde, Kohola Talk Story Pale Ale, Kona Brewing Big Wave, Maui Brew Co Big Swell IPA, Kohola Red Sand Amber Ale, Waikiki Brewing English Brown Ale)
- Well Drinks $7 (bourbon, scotch, gin, rum, tequila, vodka)
- Red and White Wine by the Glass 6oz $8
Happy Hour HMK Specialty Cocktails $10
- HMK Likikoi Mai Tai: light rum, pineapple, lilikoi, lime
- Paniolo Mule – Pau Pineapple Vodka, Fever Tree ginger beer, pineapple juice
- Pineapple Collins – Beefeater gin, pineapple juice, lemon, soda
Phone: (808) 879-4655
About: Humble Market Kitchin is reminiscent of Roy Yamaguchi’s family roots, which started on the plantations of Maui, capturing the sweet and savory flavors he recalls from his childhood. The well-crafted market-driven menu, utilizes only the freshest and finest ingredients, featuring signature and seasonal dishes.
Born and raised in Tokyo, Japan, Roy attributes his early appreciation for food to his father, a career military man born and raised on Maui, and to his Okinawan-born mother. Roy took Home Economics class in high school, not knowing it would lead to a lifetime of culinary discoveries.
He attended the Culinary Institute of America in New York’s Hyde Park, where he was exposed to classical traditions. After graduating from CIA in 1976, he spent some time apprenticing at L’Escoffier and then later at L’Ermitage in Los Angeles.
In 1984, he opened his first restaurant as an owner in Hollywood called 385 North. However, the desire to further expand his culinary horizons while getting closer to his roots led Roy to open his first Roy’s in Honolulu in December of 1988.
Today, with the support of his ohana, Roy now has four restaurant concepts around the globe including Roy’s, Eating House 1849, Roy’s Beach House, and Humble Market Kitchin.
Thank you for being a part of the ohana and joining Roy in his culinary journey.
According to these recent Humble Market Kitchin by Roy Yamaguchi patrons:
“Love this place! We stayed at the Wailea Beach Resort for 5 nights – and ate dinner here 3 of them! It was hard to get into a lot of places because of the crowds and Covid restrictions, but here we either got a table or walked in for happy hour and ate. The service was friendly and they worked hard to make us happy. Everything we had was good. Short ribs, Kula salad, calamari, Brussels sprouts, desserts – we had the chocolate soufflé twice! With a great view and great food – highly recommended.”Bill R., November 2021
“We did a walk-in ~5pm and enjoyed the happy hour menus. $10 cocktails and appetizers are definitely worth it! If you don’t do the happy hour you could sit outside and enjoy the amazing views of the sunset. The ribs are awesome!! For the entrees, definitely try the Steak and Lamb!”Xuan Z., November 2021
“This was an amazing place! Food was an explosion of flavors that delighted our taste buds!! Extremely fresh seafood. Salads tasted like they were just picked. Wine list is somewhat limited, but a fine selection from the reds (which is all we tasted). Yes, definitely on the pricey side. But the quality and quantity of plates justifies a treat of a very nice dinner. Also–can’t beat the sunset views!”Debbie V., September 2021
“My wife and I are staying at the Wailea Marriott. We tried the Happy Hour at HMK and were amazed. Great service and excellent food, at very reasonable prices. We tried the Brussel sprouts/cauliflower, wings and ribs. Each unique, but all were excellent.”Gary W., April 2021
Happy Hour at Humble Market Kitchin in Wailea, Maui is from 5pm-6:30pm daily and features discounted draft beers, well drinks, cocktails, wine by the glass, and appetizers.